Recently, we’ve touched on how commitment is a key to achieving excellence, and being mentally focused is just as important as being physically able. Now you have to ask yourself, given your current performance level is your commitment strong enough to take you where you want to go? You know yourself better than anyone else in the world! Develop a focusing plan to improve the quality or duration of your focus, and practice this every day.
Six Steps to Follow for this Mission
1. Select a target area for improvement:
- Choose from one or all of these area: commitment, focus, confidence, positive imagery, mental preparation, distraction control, or learning. Make sure you choose an area on which to effect positive change.
2. Pinpoint your best performances:
- Reflect closely on what may have already worked well for you in past situations.
3. Review the strategies of others:
- Choose anything that will be useful in accomplishing your mission.
4. Write down your plan of action:
- It’s not real until you write it down. What are you going to do to initiate the change you are seeking? When are you going to do it? How often? What circumstances?
5. Practice your plan:
- Think about what worked well and what didn’t work well and what you need to change. Keep this process going by the continued experiences you’re having.
6. Share your pursuit with others:
- Use your teammates and keep full focus on what you’re trying to accomplish. Become mentally stronger and your pursuit will be more joyful.