COLUMBIA, Mo. – A ball-hawking defense was on display Monday morning during #MIZCamp at the Mizzou Athletics Training Complex (MATC). The secondary was active throughout practice, recording multiple interceptions. The offense was also able to convert in red zone situations during a spirited practice that featured competitive battles between the offensive and defensive lines. Below are some highlights from the 11th practice of fall camp:
- DL Rickey Hatley forced, recovered and returned a fumble that drew an enthusiastic response from defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski.
- S Ian Simon intercepted two passes during the final 11-on-11 portion.
- QB Maty Mauk threw an 11-yard TD pass to WR Keyon Dilosa with a perfectly-thrown ball from the far hash mark. Mauk also threw a TD to leaping WR Nate Brown during an earlier period.
- During the physical 1-on-1 offensive vs. defensive line drills, DL Terry Beckner, Jr., DL Ed Cruz, OL Malik Cuellar and LB Terez Hall all had impressive showings.
- DL Nate Howard recorded a sack during a live 11-on-11 session.
- WR Justin Smith elevated to catch a TD pass from QB Drew Lock in the back corner of the end zone during a short-yardage situation.
- K Luke Jackson split the uprights for a 52-yard field goal.