“There are three types of people:
Those who make it happen,
Those who watch it happen,
And those who say, ‘What happened?’
Which one are you?”
The above quote describes the three different types of people in the world. The Mizzou Football Family continuously strives to be leaders; those who make things happen.
Which one are you, you wonder? Take a look at the following 14 qualities of those who make things happen:
You are at the top when…
- You have made friends with the past, and you are focused on the present and optimistic about your future.
- You have the love of friends and the respect of your enemies.
- You are filled with faith, hope, and love and you live without anger, greed, guilt, envy, or thoughts of revenge.
- You know that failure to stand for what is morally right is the prelude to being the victim of what is criminally wrong.
- You are mature enough to delay gratification and shift your focus from your rights to your responsibilities.
- You love the unlovable, give hope to the hopeless, friendship to the friendless, and encouragement to the discouraged.
- You know that success (a win) doesn’t make you and that a failure (a loss) doesn’t break you.
- You can look back in forgiveness, forward to hope, down in compassion, and up with gratitude.
- You are secure in who (and whose) you are, so you are at peace with God and in fellowship with humanity.
- You clearly understand that yesterday ended last night, that today is a brand-new day, and it is yours!
- You know that “he who would be the greatest among you must become the servant of all.”
- You are pleasant to the grouchy, courteous to the rude, and generous to the needy, because you know that the long-term benefits of giving the forgiving far outweigh the short-term benefits of receiving.
- You recognize, confess, develop, and use your God-given physical, mental, and spiritual abilities to the glory of God and for the benefit of humankind.
- You stand in front of the Creator of the universe, and he says to you, “Well done, my good and faithful servant.”