In the end, real success is found in the love and friendship of those around you. Throughout life, coming together in teamwork will get you the farthest. To acquire and maintain those friendships and teammates, you must put loyalty into action, among other actions.
Set a realistic goal. Concentrate on its achievement by resisting all temptations and being determined and persistent.
There is no substitute for work. Worthwhile results come from hard work and careful planning.
Friendship comes from mutual esteem, respect, and devotion. Like marriage, it must not be taken granted; it requires a joint effort.
With all levels of your coworkers, listen if you want to be heard. Be interested in finding a way, not in having your own way.
Enthusiasm brushes off on those with whom you are in contact. You must truly enjoy what you do.
This is the most important. It is what you should do with FAMILY. You owe loyalty to yourself and to all those depending on you. Keep your self-respect.
The Art of Integrity
To begin, let’s start with integrity’s definition.
Integrity: Uprightness of character and soundness of moral principles; includes the qualities of truthfulness and honesty.
Having integrity is hard. The word “integrity” defines a lot of things—telling the truth, doing what is right and having honor as a man.
You need revolving integrity. You might ask, what does that mean? Well, no matter which way you turn, or what situation you are in, people will see that you have the same integrity in every situation. You are consistent. You are no different with someone than where you are with your friends. You are no different in class than you are at home. When a situation is difficult, you are no different than when it is easy. Your character does not melt when things are on the line. You do not call someone bad names when you are with all your friends, and then, put your arm around him when they are not around.
Are you real? Are you a man of high integrity?
The Successful Part
Okay, so you understand that loyalty and integrity are needed to be successful, but what others things are needed in this quest to be the best you can be? Here is a list of 21 you can do starting today. Remember, success never stops. You can always make yourself better.
- Marry the right person. This one decisions will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.
- Work at something you enjoy that is worthy of your time and talent.
- Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
- Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
- Be forgiving of yourself and others.
- Be generous.
- Have a grateful heart.
- Persistence, persistence, persistence.
- Discipline yourself to save money on even the most modest salary.
- Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.
- Commit yourself to quality.
- Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power, or prestige, but on relationships with people you love and respect.
- Be loyal.
- Be honest.
- Be a self-starter.
- Be decisive even if it means you’ll sometimes be wrong.
- Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life.
- Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you’ll regret the things you didn’t do more than the ones you did.
- Take good care of those you love.
- Don’t do anything that wouldn’t make your mom proud.